11 November 2008

downs

Today, I am sad. I drove past my friend's house and saw a "for sale" sign in her front yard. This person (who shall remain anonymous) has been my best friend since I met her. We met at a Halloween party at her house for all the little kids on the block. And ever since then, we have shared a lot.
I cannot express how much it has meant to me to have this person in my life. To have someone with whom I have so many things in common is rare and wonderful. We could relate to each other on pretty much every level. From mothers & mothers-in-law (no offense, moms) to boys who went from toddlerhood to preschool-hood, to pregnancy woes and wonders, birth stories and baby girls who have gone from infancy to near-toddlerhood at the same time.
I have many wonderful friends, both here and back in Chicagoland. But this person is, I must say, my friend with whom I have the most in common at this stage of life.
So she is moving back home and she will be missed. I knew this day was coming, but it came faster than I would have hoped. So, if you are reading this, know that I have so appreciated your friendship these past few years. And know also that you will be sorely missed.

2 comments:

joshnmaddiesmum said...

Oh, you made me cry!!!

*Tears streaming down my face*

You have been an awesome friend too, and I am so glad that I've had you in my life to share all of our thoughts and feelings together. Thank you so much for everything you've done and continue to do for me and my family. Thank you so much for all of your kind words.

We really need to go out to lunch or dinner, or something.

Ed said...

I am sorry to hear your friend is moving. That has got to be hard. I have not had a friend like that in years and would so sad as well. They don't come around too often!