So it is weird to have my computer in the basement. I love love LOVE having my desk back. I am so very happy to have a desk again. I feel like I can almost breathe when I am working now. And as soon as I get all my paperwork organized into said desk I will be breathing freely.
BUT the weird thing is my computer was on a little tiny table right in the middle of our house. And every time I walked past it I could glance at it to see if I had gotten e-mail or whatever else. I could just sit down and work on it and not feel like I had to dedicate time. So that is good & bad. Because it was right there I WOULD just sit down and work and probably ignore many other tasks that needed to be attended to e.g. laundry, dirty dishes, feeding children, etc.
But now it is on the lower level of our home. And probably because there is still a child safety gate (of sorts) blocking the stairs I guess I feel like I can't just run down and look at it and then go back up. I feel like I have to dedicate time and say "ok, I am going downstairs now".
So I think I am having some withdrawal because I am addicted to checking my email 50 times a day. And now I can't do it as often or as easily. But Burgundy has almost mastered the stairs so soon I will feel a little freer to run down for a second. Hopefully.
Other than that, we are loving the basement. It doesn't quite feel done yet because our new TV hasn't arrived. And that is a whole other ordeal. But it should be here in a week and then it will be our getaway.
I have often heard couples talk of having room to get away - even from each other. And that is sort of a bad thing about the basement. We can get away from each other. Our house is so open and all in one spot that if everyone is home we're all right on top of each other. And being able to get away from my kids is great for a few minutes. But if Cody and I are on different levels I get lonely. The price you pay I guess!
So those are the ups & down of having a finished basement so far & in my opinion. But for the most part we love it. And it still amazes us that it's done!
New Pie & Beer Day Friday! 7/24/26
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment