18 September 2008

Venting

ok, you see blogs about the crazy people that come into an ER or into L&D or crazy people listing real estate, I would like to add my professional crazy encounters as well.
Pampered Chef Hosts.
One in particular that I just would like to vent quickly about.
Mary (names have been changed) hosted a show at her home in Lehi (locations have been changed as well - the point is it was far away).
I am not at all sure why I agreed to do it, probably because I didn't know it was that far away.
So we had to cancel - which I was glad for, but then she rescheduled so I went and did it. It was an ok show. Nothing huge - and I did not make enough to cover the gas/miles on my car. So at her show I made it VERY clear that I love this business because I can commute if I want to and if I don't want to I won't. So if anyone wanted to have a catalog show, I would be happy to help them, etc etc.

So Mary Host is IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of. Even on the day of her show I was not sure if I was still supposed to go since I hadn't been able to reach her for weeks. But then she emailed saying yes it was still on.

At her show, all the gals were hanging out and gabbing at the end - which happens I understand, but it's like, people I have over an hour drive ahead of me - I'd like to leave please. And they don't remember where I live, fine. But Mary Host does, and she was the worst offender of this. Annoying.

Then, we were supposed to close the show on Wednesday and she e-mails me 4 more orders. Great! So she says when will we close? And I say as soon as I get payment. So send me checks or give me a card number. Ok fine. But I never get it.

Today she emails me wondering did I close the show and when will people get their stuff. ????? So I try to call, no answer (of course) so I e-mail and say no it didn't close since as I said I need payment before I can close, and not to mention what the heck do you want to order?

So she says ok I will give you my card number for everybody's. (emailing back) ok great - send me your order too so we can go ahead and close so your guests can get their stuff. I get another email saying ok I will call you at 8 tonight so we can close. It's 10 now. no call. wonder what kind of questions I'll get tomorrow.

And on top of that all, she has some friend who couldn't come to her show but who wants to book a show, so I should call her - and her husband calls me saying yeah we want to have a show - in SOUTH PROVO. what the f*%$?

No comments: