

Well I woke up at about 5 this morning and thought there could be snow outside for some reason. But as A) I didn't even have my glasses on and B) our bedroom blinds are such that when closed I often think there is snow outside and when I open them am disappointed to find no snow, I didn't look, I just crawled back into bed. Then Cody came in the room (not sure where he came from!) and told me to look outside. Well it was snowing quite nicely and everything was covered in a beautiful white blanket of snow. And as the day has gone on, it (as the song decrees) doesn't show signs of stopping. After breakfast, Cody & Finn went out to play and Burgundy had fun standing at the window laughing at Finn & Daddy outside in the snow. Won't be long now until she can go run around in it with them!!

Finn remembers throwing snowballs with Nana and Sydney and that's the first thing he wanted to do today. (and he can put his mittens on and even get his thumbs in the right place - Hallelujah!)

I know a lot of people don't like the snow - but I for one LOVE it. I love everything about it. I don't even mind driving in it. I have so many wonderful childhood memories of playing in the snow, of sledding down our hill and trying to make it all the way to the creek (without falling in), of building snowmen and being sad when they melted, of the silent, wonderful mystery of a yard full of giant trees covered in ice and snow, and when we were done, of putting my wet mittens and scarf on the radiators to dry... I think I will always love the snow. It just makes me happy and it makes me feel like a kid again.

So it is a lovely Sunday afternoon. We are all just home enjoying the snow. We are making a roast in my new Pampered Chef deep covered baker (shameless plug) in which we have included the crazy carrots we got from our garden.


2 comments:
I have some of the same great memories of snow. I still love to see it on a winters morning. I did grow up to hate being cold and feeling depressed like I would never see the sun again though. I do miss waking up on my birthday hoping to see a fresh covering of fluffy snow. Enjoy it!!
What?
There's already that much snow there?
It's barely autumn. It hasn't even started to rain on a daily basis up here (apparently, that's when you know the fall is turning to winter in Portland).
Is there still snow on the ground, or has it melted a week later?
Post a Comment