11 January 2009

all's well

Well, tonight we took Burgundy to the urgent care center. At about 730 she was in Finn's room playing and I'm not sure what happened, but she started crying and I went in and she was lying on the floor with her arms outstretched. I'm not sure if Finn stepped on it or fell on it or what, but after that, she was favoring her right wrist and cried when we messed with it. We gave it a little while, but she wouldn't use it to crawl or do anything with it so Cody put Finn to bed and I took her in to be safe.

Of course, by the time the doctor came in, she was crawling around the table with it like nothing had happened. So she checked her out and thought she was ok. She just said watch her for a day or two and bring her back in if she seemed to be favoring it again. Crisis averted.
So, I also wanted to post about my fun trip to Denver. It was a really fun time! We got in on Thursday, checked into our really nice hotel room and then went to the first general session where all 2500 Pampered Chef ladies were there! What Cody would call an estrogen fest! To be fair there were a few men there, too.


It was a pretty cool set up and I learned a lot! I talked to a bunch of great people and got to know some people better. Here I am outside of the convention center with the big blue bear. Too bad they didn't have Bear Grylls as their motivational speaker!

This is the car they gave away, not to me, unfortunately. They are also doing a car program now. Not a pink Cadillac but an allowance for the car of your choice. They did a bunch of giveaways, but I didn't win any of them. But I didn't walk away empty handed! I brought home a new PC blanket, a calculator, reusable grocery bags, and a lot of other stuff!

Here we are at La Fondue Friday night. It was my first time at a fondue place. Really good stuff. But we were there for like 3 hours because our waiter kept forgetting about us! Although I'm not sure how that happened because it was a pretty small place and we were pretty loud! I'm just glad it was there, if that sort of thing had happened here and I had a babysitter at home I would have had a heart attack if a meal took 3 hours!! But as it was, we had lots of fun.

So much fun, in fact that we got up on the bar and danced at Coyote Ugly. ha! We weren't even drunk! I wish my sister had been there - was thinking of you the whole time, Jenn!

Here we are on Saturday before flying home. This is Jori, my director, and Tara, another girl on Jori's team. She and her husband Randy came and they are so fun. They used to live just a few blocks from us but they recently moved up to Idaho. Sad, since it would've been fun to hang out with them!


So, I'm back. Renewed and refreshed, and ready to start kicking Pampered Chef butt in 2009!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad little B is ok and you had fun in Denver.
I have heard that 3 hours is normal for Fondue. Some friends mentioned that about the one in SLC as well. I think if you eat too much cheese too quick it can do bad things. :>

Jenn said...

That must've been scary. It's so hard when they're not talking yet. You just wish they could tell you what is hurting. I am SO relieved that she is okay!!!!! Give her a big squeeze from all of us!

Yes, unfortunately, 3 hours is about normal for fondue restaurants. I have been to a few (though not one since becoming a parent) and it always took forever. It's all part of the "fondue experience" which is great as long as you're not starving when you get there (LOL).

I SO would have been on that bar with you babe! You looked great in your new dress - Hot cha cha cha cha Mamacita!! Love, love, LOVE the boots!!!! Go Missa, Go Missa, Go Missa! Hee hee.

Looks like it was lots of fun and I wish I could have been there with you. Glad it went well and that you're back and ready to kick some tail. Thanks for sharing, as always! Love and hugs to all!
xoxo

Ed said...

The bigger the group the longer the fondue experience is! Jesse and I have gone for our anniversary and it is not that long, but still not a quick meal! We love it though, it is a once a year treat, if that! Glad to hear you had a great time!