ok, I am wondering how I got anything done. Finn has only been nap-free for about 6 months I guess. Now, Burgundy has gotten herself on the schedule that she takes one nap in the afternoon, usually between 1 & 2 pm. Finn also used to do this. How did I do anything?
Somehow it seemed easier even when Burgundy was taking 2 naps. Don't ask me how that works. Maybe it's because she took 1 nap relatively early and then if she missed the second one if we had to go somewhere (like to zoo or something) it wasn't that big of a deal. Now granted, I haven't gone anywhere to have cause to skip her nap entirely, although we may be doing just that tomorrow. But, I am reminded of the going to Target or something and the rushing home trying to get the child in bed while drowsy but not yet asleep. Because once they fall asleep in the car, it seems that they are then unable to sleep in their beds decently.
Now, keep in mind that Burgundy is an entirely different person from Finn and even if she missed a nap I think we wouldn't be quite as panicked as if Finn had at that age. But, honestly, when you have to get up, get showered, dressed, fed, get 2 children up dressed and fed, get out the door, complete all necessary errands and then get home in time for a nap. How? I guess I am doing it. I suppose it also took some time to adjust to Finn's schedule as he found it. Perhaps it is the fact that I only have one child sleeping, and at least when it was Finn's turn, I got a nap too!
Whatever it is, I am finding it slightly difficult to adjust. Or at least to get things done outside of the house.
On a related note, Burgundy just got a pillow in her bed and she is so excited. (it's the little things) I can't remember how old Finn was when he got a pillow, but probably just over a year old. There were some couch pillows on the floor in the basement and Burgundy was having a great time rushing over to them and laying down on them and squealing with delight. So I put a very flat pillow in her crib (my favorite knee-pillow. oh the sacrafices we make!) and when she first saw it she nearly dove out of Cody's arms into her bed and just rolled around giggling on her pillow. Cute.
Somehow it seemed easier even when Burgundy was taking 2 naps. Don't ask me how that works. Maybe it's because she took 1 nap relatively early and then if she missed the second one if we had to go somewhere (like to zoo or something) it wasn't that big of a deal. Now granted, I haven't gone anywhere to have cause to skip her nap entirely, although we may be doing just that tomorrow. But, I am reminded of the going to Target or something and the rushing home trying to get the child in bed while drowsy but not yet asleep. Because once they fall asleep in the car, it seems that they are then unable to sleep in their beds decently.
Now, keep in mind that Burgundy is an entirely different person from Finn and even if she missed a nap I think we wouldn't be quite as panicked as if Finn had at that age. But, honestly, when you have to get up, get showered, dressed, fed, get 2 children up dressed and fed, get out the door, complete all necessary errands and then get home in time for a nap. How? I guess I am doing it. I suppose it also took some time to adjust to Finn's schedule as he found it. Perhaps it is the fact that I only have one child sleeping, and at least when it was Finn's turn, I got a nap too!
Whatever it is, I am finding it slightly difficult to adjust. Or at least to get things done outside of the house.
On a related note, Burgundy just got a pillow in her bed and she is so excited. (it's the little things) I can't remember how old Finn was when he got a pillow, but probably just over a year old. There were some couch pillows on the floor in the basement and Burgundy was having a great time rushing over to them and laying down on them and squealing with delight. So I put a very flat pillow in her crib (my favorite knee-pillow. oh the sacrafices we make!) and when she first saw it she nearly dove out of Cody's arms into her bed and just rolled around giggling on her pillow. Cute.
1 comment:
You need to implement quiet time in your house. Tell Finn to go to his room and set the timer for one hour. He has to be in his room door closed for that entire time. We did it with tom and it was my only saving grace. (Now brady doesn't have a choice, mommy is tired, you are with me in my room sleeping.) Remember like all things it doesn't work perfect but it gives you alone time. Now I think you realize why we liked playgroup at 8:30 so you could get more stuff done during the day. :>
Post a Comment