06 March 2009

still here

well, not much has changed. I am still here. Still have pneumonia. I have started some major anti-biotics that tout such lovely side effects as ruptured tendons (!?). Luckily, my tendons all feel fine so far.

I am pretty much over being sick. You know, it's all fun & games when it starts, but after 3 weeks, it kind of gets old. As does everything I guess. I am reevaluating things lately. I don't like feeling obligated to do things. It is starting to bug me a little. Maybe the fact that I am sick and can't do things has spawned it, I'm not sure. Anyway...

I have to say that I am so lucky to be married to my husband. He goes to work all day and then comes home to a child-ransacked house, takes a shower and then gets to cooking dinner for all of us with nary a complaint. What a guy. And I am just on the couch like a slug and have been unable to help him with much of anything. Not only because I have no strength, but because I also have no appetite. It is so hard to figure out breakfast and lunch right now. I have been forcing myself to eat, but my heart is so not in it. I have lost about 5 pounds so far on the pneumonia diet. Just because I have no interest in food whatsoever. Even if I have something I really like, it is a task to eat even part of it.

I am also pretty sad because I missed Laci's bridal shower last night. That is very sad to me. It would have been a lot of fun to go and see her and play some games (although I hear Paula didn't play my suggested game!! A little racy I guess, but it would have been fun. I guess since I wasn't there I can't complain about it :) But they flew Erin in from Arizona as a surprise which was really cool. So I was sad I couldn't see her last night either. Luckily, she wasn't too busy this morning so she did come over for a while and we got to hang out. Even though I was un-showered, un-makeup'd, un-hairdoed and in my pajamas. It was still nice to have a visitor - especially one whom I haven't been able to see in a while!

Jim & Paula also came over this morning to take Burgundy to the doctor. Both kids have had fevers on and off. Burgundy had an ear infection last time we went 2 weeks ago, and she had a fever of 102 yesterday and I was too weak to take her so they brought her in. She is fine. Just both have the nasty bug that has been going around (& around & around). But I think it was a little fun for them since our pediatrician is in their ward so they got to surprise him by taking her in.

I do so treasure our pediatrician. His nurses are so nice and if I call and say I need to get them in, they always find a way. And he is just such a nice guy and I feel like he really cares. (I feel bad when Finn screams at him the whole time). Anyway, I digress. From what I don't know since I am just rambling...

So, not much else to report, just trying to get on top of it. Thanks for all the well wishes from everyone. They go a long way, and it is nice to know I have people who care. Keep up the good thoughts and prayers - every little bit helps!



2 comments:

joshnmaddiesmum said...

My thoughts are with you! Wish I was there to be able to watch the kids for you. I do hope that you'll start feeling better very soon! And what do you feel obligagted to do? Well call if you feel up to it!

Unknown said...

That was a really cute video. I am sorry I can't help Missa but if I get sick you will see me in june it would wear me out for so long. Even just the sniffles. So I send positive thoughts across the street. (I know they do work)