bugs. OMG bugs. there are bugs here. In my happy little cookie-cutter neighborhood, I had all but forgotten about bugs. I am not a fan of bugs. I can handle snakes, rodents... but I really don't care for bugs. Remember when I told you my two least favorite things about camping? Add a third.
When I was little we would go to my dad's cousin's house in Michigan. I was reminded of that place when we first moved in. I remember looking out the windows at night and all the millions of bugs on them, just trying to get in to the light. It's like that here. There are lots of flying bugs like mosquitoes, gnats and moths.
There are also things like earwigs. I saw a lot of boxelders when we were looking at this house. I thought, at least they're not earwigs. Just had a to wait a bit I guess. We had earwigs where I grew up - hated them then, hate them now. They are under the weather stripping all around my front door. It was raining them the other day when I took a can of spray to the entryway. Anytime you move a plant, or anything, there they are.
Then there's things like this happy fellow.
Actually he's not so happy since he's dead. Finn has had a bin of trains and tracks on the deck since we moved in and I decided we better dump it, rid it of bugs, repack them and put them away. Giant spider in with the trains. He was too fast for a picture. This guy didn't mind waiting around for his close-up.
When I was little we would go to my dad's cousin's house in Michigan. I was reminded of that place when we first moved in. I remember looking out the windows at night and all the millions of bugs on them, just trying to get in to the light. It's like that here. There are lots of flying bugs like mosquitoes, gnats and moths.
There are also things like earwigs. I saw a lot of boxelders when we were looking at this house. I thought, at least they're not earwigs. Just had a to wait a bit I guess. We had earwigs where I grew up - hated them then, hate them now. They are under the weather stripping all around my front door. It was raining them the other day when I took a can of spray to the entryway. Anytime you move a plant, or anything, there they are.
Then there's things like this happy fellow.
3 comments:
Ew. But, welcome to the country. ;o) How is it that Mom & Dad kept the creepy crawlies out of our house in the woods for all those years? Good exterminators. ;o)
P.S. What IS that thing on Finn's toys??? ;o)
Same thing as the close up. And the answer is I have no idea. Looks like some kind of cicada?
Post a Comment