25 June 2011

house: colors

I am having a hard time.  In fact, I have stalled out.  We have the essentials in place, a few pretty things here and there.  The next step is to decorate my walls.  I am having a problem with this.  I have tons of pretty wall hangings.  Most of them are reds & greens.  Then I moved into a blue house.


I'm not sure why I gravitated to the spectrum I did, but very few of my things match here.  But, that isn't to say I don't like the blue.  So, I either need new wall hangings (which means I am going to have bare walls for quite some time since it took me 7 years to collect what I have) or I need to paint my walls, which I am not ready to do.  This blue is calming and nice.  What to do, what to do?

See the colors of my stuff?

IMG_1613IMG_1614IMG_1615IMG_1618

See the color of my walls?

IMG_1616IMG_1619

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I say put the stuff up on the existing paint colors and see what you think. It looks to me (from the pictures anyway) that the colors of your wall hangings would be a nice contrast to the colors of your walls. Better to hang them and feel accomplished with getting them hung than start a project (like painting) that you're not up for at the moment. Just my two cents. ;o) xoxo and good luck!

Ed said...

I am with your sister. Also, I live in a mostly blue house now and the blue has become a neutral to me. I think your blue is also quite neutral. I like the mix of some warm and cool colors, it feels balanced to me and also "lighter" than just all warms or cools.