I have this friend who builds a lot of her own furniture. She is seriously talented! She told me about this website with a lot of pottery-barn inspired DIY projects. It really is an awesome website (www.ana-white.com).
So I asked for a miter-saw for my birthday, and lucky me – I got one! I have a problem with building/creating things. I have lots of ideas, but I’m afraid to start any of them because I can’t decide which one holds higher priority and also I’m sure I will constantly be coming up with ways to improve upon it once it’s done. But I decided with building things, I am just going to start. I am not going to get trapped in the “what-ifs” of my brain.
So here’s what we did today. Let me tell you what it is – it is a laundry-folding table with laundry basket storage underneath for the, well, for the laundry room…
Isn’t it fantastic?? I’m sure Cody will hate that I put this picture of him up but I wanted to show you it’s about waist-height, perfect for folding (and there was no WAY I was putting up the picture he took of me with the thing! all sweaty and gross! haha)
Someday I will even buy cute matching laundry baskets to go in it. So now I have to finish it, i.e. caulking, painting, etc. My least favorite part, but at least the building is done!!
We did it in one day but it was by no means easy. I guess once you build a few things your brain can figure these things out more quickly but I swear I sat there just trying to think out the measurements for at least an hour. And that was AFTER I had already figured them out to get all the material cut! Maybe my brain is not so good at puzzles.
So only a minimal amount of blood and tears, quite a bit of sweat and here it is… tada! I have to say I am proud of us! We are only going to get better!
Here is another happy little project I finished today. I bought this thing super cheap at a craft store that was closing down. It was unfinished wood, calling itself a calendar hanger. I had other plans for it, but have since decided to make it into a fun chalkboard for the kids. It even has a little drawer for the chalk! Not entirely sure where I am going to put it yet, but I am pretty happy with how it turned out, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment