27 July 2008

Fun at the Fair

We didn't make it to Clinton City Days this year, but we went to Sunset's Fun Days on Saturday for a little while. It was, well, fun!

At first I didn't see the little kid rides so I was a little disappointed. Cody was not at all into it so I thought maybe we shouldn't have gone. We came across a little fishing game where Finn fished for hamburgers or "Grampa Pennies" (crabby patties). He won a toy car which is, for now, his prized possession.


I asked Finn if he wanted to go on the Indiana Jones "big slide" and he did. I was worried he might be a little afraid but he tackled it fearlessly. Better than I did! I didn't like the 2nd rope bridge at all! But luckily, from the top I saw that the kiddie rides were hidden around the corner. So from there, we went on the cars (twice) and the boats and the big slide again - this time with daddy.


It was fun to watch him on the cars. He barely smiled at all and looking at pictures you would think he didn't have any fun, but he was just so deep in concentration that smiling would have been superfluous. (kind of how daddy gets sometimes).



We are trying to teach Finn about choices, so he did very well with choosing which rides he would go on with the amount of tickets we had.

He had a great time. In the end, we all did.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! Looks like fun. Just out of curiosity though, did you wear matching outfits on purpose? ;o)

Ed said...

I wish I lived closer, we would have loved to go do something like that with you guys. How fun. They don't have stuff like that here, way too hot!!

joshnmaddiesmum said...

That's funny. We have almost the exact same picture of Josh "fishing" from the Clinton Days.